Friday, June 12, 2015

Busy as a Bee

My dear, faithful readers,
I am sorry to have been M.I.A. for so long, it was very unintentional. Had I known I would have told you. I don't believe I wrote a single post the entire school year! Life happened. I was extremely busy. Perhaps to excuse myself and because some might find it interesting, here is what most days of the week looked like for me.

Sunday
7:20 rehearsal (on occasion)
8:00 church
9:30 youth group
1:00 lunch visitation
Homework marathon
Monday
Homework
1:30-2:45 class
Homework
4:30-6 orchestra sectional
Work like crazy to finish school homework!!!
3:00 or 4:30am bed
Tuesday
9-3 school
4:15-6 orchestra
6:30-8 awana
Wednesday
11:00 viola lesson
11:45-2:00 babysit
2:30-6:30 teach violin
7:00 youth group
Thursday
11:45 dulcimer lesson
1:00-3:00 science T.A.
4:15-6 orchestra
Friday
12:15-1:30 class
1:45-3:45 babysit
4:00-5:15 babysit elsewhere
6:30 class
8:30 cello lesson
Saturday
8:30 music group rehearsal
10:00 viola or cello choir
11:00-12:30 chamber group

Keep in mind that any of the fifteen minute segments in between are likely used for traveling, not resting! And there is always an extra babysitting job, or extra rehearsal, or extra class prep. that wasn't listed. You may wonder...how does she ever eat? The answer is: I don't! I run around all day on empty with bites of this and that and then I stuff myself at dinner, assuming there is one.

Near the end of the school year, in May, I had a concert at least once every weekend if not two, final papers/projects in every class, and an art show. That meant more rehearsals, more homework, more stress, less food, and no sleep! I was so swamped and nearly went overboard. I didn't even finish about ten of the books I should have ( sorry teachers!). I tried, I really did, but it was just too much. I know I'm whining but I don't mean to. I sincerely loved all of my classes, some more than others, and I wouldn't have dropped any if I could, but I hope 7th year isn't as bad.

So forgive me for not updating. I would have loved to forget about my homework and just blog, but when you're given a second chance at something, and you're paying for it, it's best not to slack. I will be around for the summer at the very least. If I'm being super productive I'll even backtrack into some highlight posts I'd half written during school. Until next time friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment