Friday, September 11, 2015

Blogger's Block

Day 66
I feel as if I'm writing one of those survival journals. Like I'm out in the wilderness or on an island and food is running low. I have enough water to last one more week and then I'm gone. Except I'm not in want of anything except hot water. 66 days give or take some since the water heater broke. The latest installment is that we now have the heater, but need someone to replace it with the old one.

I have a new plan. Let's say that my goal is to blog once a year. Okay, well maybe once a month. Really I think I'll aim for every other week but if I say less that way no one expects a post every week and if I am able to make it more frequent, then I get extra credit. With it being my last year in Hogwarts, I've got to make sure I leave behind a legacy. Problem is, I've had Blogger's Block. This isn't so much a lack of ideas but a lack of energy and focus to flesh them out. So I figured combatting this problem was much like writer's block the answer to which is to write garbage until you catch your thought trains and hop on. So that's what this post will be/ (is already if you hadn't noticed); A bunch of nothing on subjects with little depth or insight.

Part of the problem is that I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. I don't finish posts that don't have much content or aren't long enough. Except who decides whether something is long enough? I do! I was just looking back at some of my old posts from way back in 2014. There were some really short ones. As in a paragraph or two. Probably less than 500 words. They weren't immensely interesting at all so I guess it won't kill me to add some others. Perhaps I'll add a label called Junk under which I can put bad posts so they aren't read with equal scrutiny. Speaking of 2014, I have now missed my second blog anniversary! July 19th, 2013. Know what happened on that revolutionary day? I published my first ever post about myself and my cats! I can't believe it has been two years. I wish one could major in blogging. Or get paid for it. Then again maybe if I was forced to write then I wouldn't like it.

My thought is that if I post this, at least I will have accomplished a week's worth and can move on instead of feeling stuck. Like finally deciding to write a thank you already months late. It's not that I haven't wanted to, but nothing seemed worthy and I haven't been able to finish anything. There I've nailed the pin on the head. Is that an expression? What I mean is, I am bored with my writing and that surely means you are too. I'm already bored with this and I've given myself permission to write whatever.
How about school. I haven't said anything about that yet. First week went well. I was prepared and it felt almost as if I'd never left. Of course I had to start things out right on the second week of classes by staying up 'til 1:45 the night before.

Gosh I wish I had WiFi. I wish I had a hot water heater for pities sake!

This will be an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment