Friday, August 23, 2013

Updates

Today I leave for two days to go on the fall kick-off retreat for Elgin Youth Symphony. So I was scrambling through some topics I've been wanting to post on when I realised, none of them are ready and I need more time to finish them. There is so much going on with school starting and everything that I just haven't had the time to get all my thoughts together. To begin with, I'm not sure how I will be keeping up with my blog but I'm going to try really hard because this is about the only things that has kept me writing lately and it's so helpful for me. No matter if it's a really short topic, I will write something.

Um let's see...blah! Summer is over and school started Wednesday. Wasn't great but it will be okay. Some teachers seem like they will be fun, none too terrible. In chemistry however, the girl on my right did nothing but complain. I'm serious-she said nothing positive. I won't nag but I was thinking boy, either you think people enjoy listening to you or you're just naturally very ungrateful. It was tiring to listen to. Then at lunch the only people I knew were all the popular kids and I wasn't about to invite myself with them so I sat with a little girl wearing a hijab. I thought she was alone but little by little the table filled. Her friend came and mostly everyone just spoke with the person next to them. I was miserable. Not lonely, just frustrated that I would be stuck there for a whole semester. That was probably the hardest part. How was your first day?

The good thing is that I had youth group that night and it was so fun =P. It's refreshing after a day of being around people who do nothing but complain about their lives and also to finally stop pretending to be someone I'm not. Well not as much anyways. All the leaders are great and the kids are nice too. You can't imagine how nice it is to be somewhere that you feel appreciated. My small group leaders from last year all left for various reasons and I will sorely miss them but it will be interesting to meet some new ones. I'm really looking forward to HYACKs this year!

When I get back there is something I'm dying to tell someone about! Just as a sneak peak, it's got to do with El Sistema. You probably don't know what that is but if you'd like to look it up there is a documentary on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43tqQhOTCgQ. I think I've finally found out what I want to do when I'm done with school! More on this later.

Sorry this is all over the place. It wasn't planned and revised as my other posts have been. Can you tell I was hurried? Anyway, lots of exciting news to come. When I get back I'll tell you how it went. Fingers crossed for first chair. =P

Stay strong my friends, be brave, and have faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment