Friday, July 4, 2014

Blue, Red, and White

We're going to take a break from the post I'd not yet planned and celebrate that it's the fourth of July, the day after America's true obtainment of independence. As tradition, I watched my town's parade, marched in the next town's parade, and then went to see the fireworks. It was nothing special. I got burned, ate a little too much candy, and couldn't go to the library, but it was fine. I did not however enjoy marching in the parade. I usually ride my unicycle, but I decided I didn't want a bunch of people watching me make a fool of myself this year, so I walked with a congress t-shirt on and felt awkward instead. I really don't like people staring, so why did I go advertise for thousands of people on someone I know little about? Not sure, but I don't like how by the simple act of wearing a shirt with someone's name on it, that it is an act by which you are judged and in many cases condemned.

No, there weren't many nasty comments that I heard, but I can tell from the way people would look and stare. Then there's the people who cheer, because they believe you are great for liking the same guy. Like I said, lots of judgement. It was very uncomfortable. So I don't really have any more on the subject. I do think it's interesting how, since it doesn't have any religious ties, this seems to be the one most attended event of the year. At the fireworks for example, I don't think I've ever seen an entire community gathered in one place for anything else. Because apparently people like to spend a lot of money to watch things go boom for thirty minutes and then go get drunk afterwards. We the people! Not trying to be anti anything, just pointing out the obvious. People are stupid. I watch them too.

By the way, if anyone is keeping up with the Quidditch World Cup, the countries in the finals are Brazil, Bulgaria, Japan, and USA. Personally, I'm rooting for Bulgaria. For you boring people who only watch soccer, I guess I'm rooting for Colombia. Whoo blue red and yellow! So there you are, my patriotic post without a point. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment